The soil in which the plants are grown must be chemical-free for 5-7 years. The farms close to the source site must also be chemical free.
- Substances such as vitamins A, C, and E protect our skin against damage due to oxidation and free radicals which can be produced by the sun, pollution, cigarette smoke or can occur naturally in the body. Antioxidants neutralize these damaging effects.
- Includes the regular manicure services (nails cut/filed, cuticle work, massage and polish) plus more oils chosen through a Sensory Journey, an exfoliation, and hydrating masque.
- Includes the regular pedicure services (nails cut/filed, cuticle work, callous work, an exfoliation of the legs and feet, massage and polish application) plus the use of more essential oils to suit the needs of the guest and a hydrating masque.
- An approach to prevention of illness, healing, and overall well-being. It is one of the oldest healing traditions in the world. (The name Aveda is a shortened form of Ayurveda.)
- Balancing the flow of energy through our bodies by means of breathing and meditation to connect our mind, body and spirit.
- Removal of toxins/wastes from the body, skin or hair. As a result, the body, skin, and hair will look and feel healthier. Dull skin and hair are due to a lack of fresh fruits/vegetables and an excess amount of highly processed foods and animal protein.
- Certain common elements such as space, air, fire, earth and water.
- Removal of dead cells from living tissue by means of one of the following:
- A liquid exfoliant for the face containing meadowsweet, a natural source of salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid that gently yet effectively refines the skin
- A manual exfoliant for the body (Soothing Aqua Therapy with Dead Sea Salt and Meadowfoam Seed Oil)
- Definitions is removal of blackheads and whiteheads
- Definitions is after massaging a moisturizing cream into the skin, warm paraffin wax is applied. The heat of the wax opens the pores, thus allowing the moisturizer to penetrate deeply into the skin. The wax is left on for about 10 to 15 minutes. In addition to being soothing and very hydrating, this treatment is great for arthritis because of the heat.
- The guest is assisted in selecting aromas that will balance the mind, body and spirit by passing various essential oils under the nose. “The natural chemical components of pure plant and flower essences, when inhaled, create physical and emotional changes.”
- SPF or Sun Protection Factor is a scale used to rate sunscreens on their ability to screen out damaging rays from the sun. SPF values range from 2 to 60. A higher SPF value provides more protection.
- Refreshes, soothes, balances and hydrates the skin. Aveda’s toners are alcohol-free thus preventing any dryness. Instead, it contains rosewater to help firm and refresh the skin. Witch hazel provides a slightly astringent effect without the dryness.
- Name given to the three most common combination of elements:
- Vata – space & air
- Pitta – fire
- Kapha – earth & water